The Filtration is made by Filters-Presses that were introduced by the nineteenth century and were used for many years mainly in the separation of sludge served. They were considered labour-intensive machines, and therefore not found much acceptance in the process industries sophisticated and highly automated. This occurred until middle of 60's when this changed with the introduction of advanced mechanisms targeted for "cakes" low moisture discharging automatically and allow the wash cloth at the end of the filtration cycle.
The Filter Press consists of two streams, one fixed and one mobile presented one at each end, caught by rods or beams. In its middle has a rectangular plate that lets you drag or compress a package of plates with a mechanical or hydraulic mechanism. A set of plates and the rectangular plate are supported along rods or beams depending on the type of filter.
The solids feed is made by the frontal fixed stream and takes place along the plates usually by a central channel, when they are compressed. Each plate is covered with a filter fabric on both sides and, once pressed side by side, they form a series of chambers, which will be the zone where it will store the dehydrated matter. The drainage of water can be filtered from the front or from the side plates depending on the application. At the end of the filtration the solid matter is thus stored in the chamber of each plate forming a “cake”. Being possible the discharge being performed manual or automatic.
Enables dehydrate sludge with working pressures up to 30bar.
In some applications, this is the only way to achieve adequate filtration of the solids and saving the installation space.
Technology of plate chamber
Is obtained a regular dehydration and economical for most applications
Being possible the discharge being performed manual or automatic.
• Less moisture;
• Reduced cycle of filtration;
• Great flexibility of process;
REVERSE OSMOSIS Technology
Process in which water is passed under pressure through semi-permeable membranes which have extremely small pores. Thus, it is possible to retain in one side of the membrane, all solids water larger than the pores, leaving the other side, excellent quality of treated water.
This water can be used in several processes: drinking water, industrial processes, etc.
Allows the elimination of dissolved salts, bacteria, organic matter, etc.. With a much reduced cost of treatment.
The Filters Presses are prepared for the following applications:
• Mining and Minerals Industry: kaolin, clay, ceramics, coal, Marble and Granite, among others;
• Chemical Industry: Dyes and pigments, leaches, calcium carbonate, among others ;
• Food industry: starch, rice flour, ferment, vegetable oil, animal fat, gelatin, slaughterhouse, among others
• Pharmaceutics industry;
• Palm oil production, biodiesel, petrochemical, among others;
• Environment / Municipal Waters: Sanitary sludge, Drinking water treatment and Industrial water, Groundwater, Rivers Water Treatment, among others;
• Metallurgical Industry: Chemistry extraction and Wet of: Titanium, Lead, Nickel, and others;
• Beer industry production;
The machines can be equipped with Chamber Plates or Membrane Plates, depending on the subject being treated.